Wednesday 3 March 2010

Shrine Maidens in drizzle cause Fatal KOs

Not a great deal to talk about, to be quite honest, but I've got a but of time on my hands and am feeling productive, so here's a short update on the last week.

So this time last week was a massively successful film night. And the Nabe! Wow, was that something special! Not content with the standard Nabe formula of 'put vegetables and oil and stuff in water and boil for a while', Sara, Mark and I took it upon ourselves to revolutionise the age-old Nabe formula.


Behold! Is it not the most beautiful thing you have ever seen?! It was worth the minor burns and potential for insurance-voiding fire to get it cooked, because wow was this thing good! All four of us struggled to finish it!

The film night itself was epic on the scale of nothing you will ever have seen. We'd all brought films to watch, though we never expected to watch them all. We got through about half of Princess Mononoke before we had to leave the common room as they were locking up, then continued the night run with Reservoir Dogs, Howl's Moving Castle and Serenity, the one film of the night I had never seen before. Must say it was quite good, and definitely fulfilled its purpose of making me want to watch the show. Let's just say, though, I was not surprised when I heard it was done by the same guy that did Buffy. I'll say no more. Sara left us early the next day, and we accompanied her to the station and to get breakfast from the bakery. Oh, did I mention we also bought Lawsons out of Big Thunders? I still have the box.

We returned home and, not wanting to end just there, watched the first Lord of the Rings film, with the intention of watching the other two some other day. We were really starting to fall now, but with intense perseverance we were able to get through. And then, hitting the second wind around lunch time, we decided to finish the set. McDonalds for dinner and back home to sleep at 10pm.

I've still not fully recovered.

And I'd better hurry up too, as the second night is on tomorrow, with special guest star Ben. The theme is aquatic this time, with Finding Nemo and Megashark vs. Giant Octopus on the cards, as well as Totoro and, if we can, some of the films from my 'Films Pete really should have seen by now' pile that we didn't hit last time (The Green Mile, Fargo, Enter the Dragon, Good Night and Good Luck).

What else? Oh yeah, Laura and Caroline came down from the capital to see us, which was fun. Went to Kiyomizu, Fushimi-Inari, Nijo Castle and the like, which was all good fun.





Oh yeah, I also got a job. Go me. Doesn't feel like it just yet, as the students are yet to come a'calling, and I've got Korea on Sunday so won't be available then.

Yeah, Korea. No excuse for not knowing now, eh? Finally had to accept a pitiful defeat and draw some money from the savings, something I was hoping to avoid. Can't be helped. And, I mean, it's Korea!

In other news...

Did anyone see this week's Kobato? I know I shouldn't have been surprised, but I really was. I mean, come on CLAMP, the series is over! Stop chucking your beloved Tsubasas all over the place and make some new characters!

Also gonna finally watch the last episode of Kara no Kyoukai today, which I absolutely adore at this point. The music is particular is simply spectacular. A little cliche-ridden to get it to the leaderboards, and that last episode felt a bit pointless. And that crazy high-school student eating a guy at the end? Cheers, ufotable, lost my appetite for a long time after seeing that.

Right, that's all I can think about for now. Gonna go yaki some soba.

Thanks for reading.

***

フシギダネ…ゼニガメ…ヒトカゲ…みんなゲットだった。子供の頃の願いが満たされていた…
じゃ、次はジェネレーションV!

No comments:

Post a Comment