Tuesday 6 October 2009

Gouzen Kousen!!

My hand's all better now, thanks, though there's a nasty red mark there. Made today a little tricky, my right hand was at about 60% efficiency.

Didn't stop me finding THIS:


Yes! 20 yen cheaper than previous records! And now I know where it is!

Anyway, a little bit to catch up on, so here we go.

Church on Sunday was on Matthew 19, or was it 20? The parable of the workers in the field. You know, 'the last shall be first and the first shall be last'. This sermon was a bit easier to follow, but then again I was told by a new friend in the church that my Japanese had really improved in the last 3 weeks. That was awful nice of her! There was supposedly a meal of udon at 1, but translation difficulties got in the way and so we couldn't find where. There will be other week,s and week after next is softball (repeating the call-out to anyone who can play!!) so events list is still full.

Monday was a KILLER. I mean, wow! Never had such a nasty headache in my life! Following on from last week's '~n desu' lessons, and that's not my strong point, so I was really trying hard to get it all in. I think I'm there now, and just in time, as tomorrow we move on to our next topic: verbs of giving and receiving. This, at least, should be a bit easier.

Then we had Japanese Culture, and a lesson on the history of Doshisha and its founder: Joe Neesima. And I'm sorry, but...

...duuuuuuuuuuuull.

Heard it ALL before, in the opening orientation meeting no less, and I honestly don't think Mr. Neesima and I would get on at ALL. I REALLY didn't care.

Sorry, Doshisha, but the spirit of education is lost on me.

THEN there was the mountain of homework.

Uuuuuurgh.

But I don't care, because today was easy as pie. No homework save yesterday's essay ('What does your position in your family say about how you interact with others?') and some done-before Kanji, and tomorrow's looking up. Got a sweet new bag, too.

Makes up for not getting to do karaoke because SOMEONE didn't check his phone.

I'm not bitter.

Oh, I'm watching (not that you may care) Umineko no Naku Koro ni at the moment, the new series by Higurashi's team. Another horror mystery thing, with a creepy kid and a distorted view of character deaths. Looking good so far. Oh, I'm also trying to watch all 12 Pokemon movies before New Year's Day. 1, 2, 3, 10 are down, the others are soon to come.

And that's it.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment