Wednesday 14 October 2009

Not 'notte', 'nonde'!

It did it. I finally caved.

I bought a bike.

Didn't take long, either, and it was wonderfully hassle-free. I'd forgot how fun an experience riding a bike can be, along with forgetting how to ride the thing in the 5 years since the last time I'd tried. But it came back fairly quick, after a couple of hours between classes riding up and down the riverside and through the Imperial Gardens (never again, that place is burst tire heaven), so I should be set for using it constantly from now on. Pretty tiring stuff, though, particularly at night when you've got to peddle harder to power the headlights. I also managed to bump into a bush and accidentally bump into a pedestrian on the way home...

I also may have accidentally signed to say I received JASSO money when I don't think I have... Quite worried about that.

I mean, it's kinda their fault. They should know that putting a form in front of me and saying 'Sign.' will be enough to make me do it. That's right, they didn't tell me what it was for until afterwards. And I know that won't hold up in court, but it makes me feel better. Cheers, Nichibun office. I really want that money, though, that's 2 months' worth plus flights and stuff. It would have been nice, y'know? And maybe I'll still get it. It was due in my account yesterday, anyway, so maybe its making its way slowly through the system and into my paybook.

Wishful thinking?

And Patricia's talk in Japanese Society about Japanese officials screwing over gaijin for the simple fact that we are gaijin really didn't help, either. Way to boost my confidence...

But that doesn't matter! Because on Friday is a day of sushi, karaoke and overthrowing the government (not my words), which sounds awesome. And Saturday Aaren should be coming, finances permitting, and even if not I'm still planning on riding down to Shijo and searching the colony of bookshops for the Baroque manga. I'm looking forward to it. And Sunday is softball day down at Doshisha church (please come!!) which can at the very worst only be slightly humiliating.

Oh, but there's Friday's test to plough through first. Speaking of which, today's test went really rather well, and I think I only missed 4 or 5 this time. I was slow and careful, so they shouldn't deduct points for handwriting this time.

I'm SHATTERED...

Oh, and I made another, more successful okinomiyaki tonight, which was nice. Maybe that's what made me tired. That and riding a bike for, like, 3 hours today...

Well, I'm out of things to say.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment