Friday 16 October 2009

The part of show where Pete comes out and sings... a geeky song

Went to karaoke last night, as I may have mentioned. Much bigger group than I was expecting, it had grown from Mark, Stephanie, Angela, Ben and myself to include Mae, Sarah, Ekka (did I spell that right?) and Angela's friend C...Caitlin...? It began with a C, or rather a /k/. Umm, sorry.

But memory loss aside, I can tell you one thing, and that is that karaoke

is

awesome!

Managed to complete a couple of life wishes that night by singing Tears by X Japan, and the Mikuru song from Haruhi Suzumiya in front of people that now think a lot less of me. I'd do it again, though, make no mistake. Other highlights of the night included a group rendition of Take On Me, Mark's falsetto in the Eurithmics and Ben's... umm... interesting choice of songs by a band aptly called Massive the Hormone. Heard of them? Then you'll know what I mean.

Don't want to upset any balances by putting up videos of some of the songs (oh, they DO exist), but here's a video of us going home at 1 in the morning, tired and with sore voices.




And now it's the weekend! Yeah!

Unfortunately, though I had planned to go out and wander the city center today it's started raining, so I may have to rethink. Oh, and Aaren couldn't join us today, due to pressing workloads (I can sympathise). There'll be plenty of other chances, I'm sure.

Also going to watch Pokemon movie... 7? Or am I on 8 now? It's Lucario and Mew, I believe. Been enjoying this little quest of mine, think I should make a habit of writing down my thoughts on films more often, remind me why I bothered watching them in the first place.

In other news, JASSO money is still a very real possibility. I apparently will be contacted some time next week when they've found out where it all is. But all is not well in JASSOLand, for news from further afield (i.e. Tokyo) is that JASSO money is being cut as of now, so the money we get here will be ALL we get. Mark and I have heard no such thing from the office, but alongside Nicole's story of last semester's students just not getting JASSO at all it's a tad worrying. And apparently they can do that, 'cos they're the government and it's their money anyway. Though, to be fair, that's a little bit like coming to the airport as we arrive with a squad of shiny new Gundams and saying "Greetings, travellers! These are your new mobile suits, and you will need them to navigate the fierce battlegrounds of life in Japan! You may find yourself presed between alien invaders, corrupt governments and your own friends betraying you, but with your new suits you'll be more than well-enough equipped to- Oh, sorry, I've just been told we actually don't want to give these to you. Nevermind. Umm, best of luck!" and then leaving.

Tch.

And now it's time for Letter Corner!

Today's letter comes from Home, nicely enough.

"What are the brakes like on your new bike? Are they like the European ones where you have to peddle backwards to use them?"

No, they are not. Thankfully these brakes are the normal sort. However, I can't speak for the rest of the nation's bikes, as I was told by the woman who sold me the thing that the brakes on mine are different to the others. Didn't say why, I didn't really care. I'll check.

That's it. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment